22/365 - January 22nd, 2009






Smoke...

This was such a learning process for me. I have never attempted to shoot smoke before. And I have had two Nikon speedlights for about a year now with the thoughts of learning off camera wireless flash, but I have never gotten around to it. So, I said to myself last night.. "What are you waiting for? Now is as good time as any." So after having the flashes for a year, I still needed to pull out the manual, to figure it all out. My resolution this year... no more wasting my money. Learn how to use what I own!

9 comments:

  1. whoa! That's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just EXCELLENT! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scroll at bottom. It looks like the top of a cello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree, a smoking cello!!

    Just Beautiful! I love your choice of the background color as it accentuates the wispy clouds...

    You have an excellent dominion of color management!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photo! I especially love the spiral!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! That scroll is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I want to learn how to capture smoke and steam.

    ReplyDelete