52/365 - February 21st, 2009

So, after attending Bobbi Lane's Flash Class Workshop, I am totally inspired to try to use gels on my speedlights. But, I don't want to ruin my filters every time with tape. So, I decided to make a filter holder for my speedlight. I first obtained a Rosco Swatchbook of gels, carefully pulled out the pin holding it together. I then replaced it with metal hoop (JoAnne's embroridery section), that can be opened and closed any time I want to remove or replace the filter. Then, I got some badge holders from Staples, and cut them on the top and folded them in a way they would just slip into my speedlight. No tape or velcro needed. Volia... I now have a reusable filter/gel holder for very little cost.





3 comments:

  1. Ok this it the 3rd try on getting to post a comment. I have been looking for these gels and ideas on how to mount them. Do you have pics of what you have done with this yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, no pics yet... now that I just got it rigged, I need something interesting to shoot. LoL.. - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Jen!!

    This is an awesome DIY idea!!

    Now I gotta go get my supplies!!

    Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete